As part of its corporate policy, PILOSIO’s Management has defined strategic actions aimed at the continuous improvement of its Integrated Management System (IMS) of Quality, Welding, Environment, Health and Safety at Work for the manufacture and hire of scaffolding, grandstands, formwork for vertical walls and earth containment works for the construction industry.
The management of health and safety at work is an integral part of the general running of the company by the PILOSIO Management and it is the responsibility of the entire corporate organisation, from the employer to every worker, each according to their own responsibilities.
The IMS defines the methods for identifying, within the corporate organisational structure, the responsibilities, procedures, processes and resources for the creation of the corporate policy on the prevention of safety breaches and pollution, expressing the commitment to comply with the current rules and regulations on health, safety and the environment.
For this reason, PILOSIO Management intends to voluntarily adopt a management system for health and safety at work that integrates objectives and policies for health and safety within the design and management of work and production systems. Supplying the customers with products and services in line with the highest quality standards on the market and maintaining superlative management of the Company that allows the business to grow while at the same time protecting the health and safety of the workers and safeguarding the environment in external works. These are the goals expressed in the following mission statements:
- implementing and maintaining an efficient Management System for Quality, Welding, Environment and Safety in accordance with the standards UNI EN ISO 9001:2008 - UNI EN ISO 3834-2:2006 - UNI EN 14001:2004 - OHSAS 18001:2007 – AFNOR CERTIFICATION NF096 and Legislative Decree 81/2008 and subsequent supplements, for the purpose of measuring the trend in performance and the system itself and being able to promptly implement improvement actions;
- through information, training and awareness campaigns for the personnel, promoting the commitment for effective participation in management and development programmes for the Quality, Welding, Environment, Health and Safety at Work system, including through awareness campaigns and the accountability of all the operators in the PILOSIO organisation;
- making its experience and expertise available to the customer in order to identify the solutions best suited to their needs, responding to requests as promptly and flexibly as possible, optimising the quality/price ratio of the products and services supplied;
- ensuring the availability of the human and material resources required to achieve the objectives aimed at constantly implementing the integrated management system;
- contributing to improving the levels of health and safety at work through commitment to the prevention of injuries and illnesses;
- demonstrating the organisation’s profound commitment to guarantee safety and prevention;
- without prejudice to the applicable laws and regulations subscribed to by the Company with regard to its risks, the Integrated System that PILOSIO has adopted:
− is certified by accredited authorities;
− is integrated with the other certified Management Systems;
− provides monitoring carried out both by the internal personnel and by consultants and external Certification Authorities;
− allows adaptation to developments in the law, regulations and the rules of good practice;
− involves the workers and their representatives in the management system.
The principles for action are the following:
By adopting the certified and integrated IMS, PILOSIO Management proposes to:
- effectively disseminate the integrated policy throughout the Company, specifically informing and training the personnel with responsibility and influence on the quality of the products and services supplied to the Customer, with the focus on the environmental impacts resulting from carrying out the processes applied and those aspects concerning the protection of the health and safety of the workers in the workplace;
- enhance and improve the marketing division in order to gain new slices of the market;
- pursue ever more ambitious targets in improving the quality levels of the products, the levels of safety, the ergonomics of the workplace, the reduction of the consumption of natural resources, the consumption of hazardous substances, contaminating emissions and the production of waste in compliance with the requirements of current and future Laws, promoting corrective and preventive actions and improvements;
- seek the optimisation of the corporate processes for the purpose of attaining the maximum level of effectiveness and efficiency, including through the use of innovative processes and technologies aimed at the prevention and reduction of environmental impact;
- the attainment of the strictest environmental standards;
- the sustainable use of natural resources through recycling and savings;
- the reduction of risks in terms of impact on the environment;
- the reduction of environmental impact through the generation, treatment and disposal of waste;
- the assurance that the suppliers/contractors comply with the company’s standards for environmental protection;
- continue to improve the integration and dialogue between the various company departments for the purpose of identifying the actual or potential causes of Non-Compliance, implementing actions to eliminate them and so reduce costs, ensuring continuous, widespread improvement through the review of the actual correspondence of the product offered and the requirements expressed by the customer;
- continuing and improving the commitment to prevention by involving the workers, including through consultation with their representatives;
- periodically review the corporate programmes and the respective objectives concerning the Integrated Management System in compliance with the existing procedures, promote the most appropriate improvement initiatives and disseminate them at all company levels;
- gradually reduce the overall costs of safety in the workplace, including those arising from accidents, injuries and work-related illnesses, minimising the risks to which employees or third parties (customers, suppliers, visitors etc.) may be exposed.
Feletto Umberto, June 18, 2013.